How sweet is the light, what a delight for the eyes to behold the sun! Even if a man lives many years, let him enjoy himself in all of them, remembering how many the days of darkness are going to be. The only future is nothingness!
Ecclesiastes 11:7-8


May 25, 2010

Been thinking about how much I enjoy the way I’m living now. Working hard on transcribing MABF’s journals and reading a lot, fiction, poetry, and mostly non-fiction. New ideas and paths of research turn up each day because of the journals, and I want to follow them all. I don’t feel blocked or without energy the way I have for the last 27 years. Even though I’m very sad that it’s too late to do any actual good by producing a body of work that would mean something, I’m glad to be doing what I’m doing. And I’m glad I’m here, especially when I’m in certain parts of the city, or when I read about MABF going someplace that I go. Much satisfaction in my work right now, something I have never felt before. I am also completely overwhelmed by the scope of the task I’ve chosen, or that has chosen me. There’s a good chance I can’t actually do it, but knowing that doesn’t make me want to quit. Makes me work harder. So here I am, on my balcony on a beautiful spring evening, glad I’m where I am doing what I’m doing. Now if I weren’t so completely alone…

2 comments:

  1. Josh Russell5/26/2010 9:54 AM

    I'm really glad to hear that you feel good about all that you are doing and where you are. It means a lot to me that you have found some peace. Good for you!

    I'll post comments from now on so that you know that I'm reading your blog and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie Knuth5/26/2010 11:04 AM

    Glad to hear that you are enjoying what you are doing in Utah. You should count yourself lucky to be able to say that. Loneliness is something I have been too acquainted with in my life and can only say I know how that is. Take care.

    ReplyDelete