How sweet is the light, what a delight for the eyes to behold the sun! Even if a man lives many years, let him enjoy himself in all of them, remembering how many the days of darkness are going to be. The only future is nothingness!
Ecclesiastes 11:7-8


July 20, 2011

Today, I sent this letter to Jim Matheson who purports to be my congressional representative:

I was surprised and deeply disappointed that you voted for the outrageous Cut, Cap, and Balance Act that would, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, eliminate another 700,000 jobs in just its first year. America’s richest 400 people own more wealth than the bottom 150 million Americans, Matheson Emory Countyand you have ensured your place among those who are working diligently to increase that economic disparity by voting to cut Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and other programs while happily relieving the wealthy of their share of the tax burden. Shame on you! You say you voted for it because the “time has come to impose spending discipline.” Just on everyone but the wealthiest, I guess. I love the picture of you on your website “serving lamb to families at the Emery County Fair”, while voting to rob them of the few social protections they have. Hypocrite. But then, I guess they haven’t paid enough to actually be represented by you. You will never get my vote. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment