How sweet is the light, what a delight for the eyes to behold the sun! Even if a man lives many years, let him enjoy himself in all of them, remembering how many the days of darkness are going to be. The only future is nothingness!
Ecclesiastes 11:7-8


June 26, 2010

I feel like I’m swimming in the ocean. The water looked so inviting, and I had wanted to do this for so many years, that I just dove in and started swimming. The white sunlight is warm on my head and back, Ocean3-50 the blue water running down my sides and on my arms and legs is cool and refreshing. And I’m enjoying being here. But I’m out here alone. I can’t see the shore, and I know I’m too far out to turn back. There’s only water. I hope there’s an island somewhere just over the horizon in the direction I’m swimming, but I don’t know if there is. If I stop to rest, I’ll sink. So, I’m swimming along, enjoying myself, but worried that the further I go, the more isolated I become, with no tangible evidence that I will get to the place I set out for. We’ll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment