How sweet is the light, what a delight for the eyes to behold the sun! Even if a man lives many years, let him enjoy himself in all of them, remembering how many the days of darkness are going to be. The only future is nothingness!
Ecclesiastes 11:7-8


July 15, 2010

Mary Jensen

Thurs May 7 1891   Mary Jensen walked home with me & stayed a short time.

Tues July 14, 1891   Went calling on the sick found Sister Arump much improved, but Mary Jensen worse, Lillie & I anointed & blessed her.

Wed Sept 2, 1891   Dr Ellis & I went to see Mary Jensen, administered to her and comforted her as best we could, I still have faith that she will be healed. I also had a private consultation with the Doctor about my health.

Thurs Dec 24, 1891   I went to see poor sick Mary Jensen, found her very much wasted  She seemed much pleased to see me, I gave her a blessing & felt well in so doing

Sat Dec 26, 1891   I went around the 6th block to invite the people to come to the Meeting house to our New Year dinner, found many sick people, besides other troubles.

Mon Dec 28, 1891   By Sister Mary Jensen’s request, a number of the sisters met together and held a prayer meeting, asked the Lord to heal her if it were his will, if not to take her home out of her sufferings, she being perfectly reconciled to the Lord’s will either way, only desiring to be released from pain, We met at Lillie’s and many beautiful prayers were offered up, We all enjoyed the good Spirit & came away feeling blessed,

Tues Dec 29, 1891   Went up in the evening to see Mary Jensen, found her very low, but had rested all day, was asleep so I did not speak to her,

Thurs Dec 31, 1891   At 1, p, m I attended the funeral of sister Mary Taylor, Frank’s mother’s sister, It was a touching sight to see the motherless children, a baby 14 month old, The speakers were bro J. H. Felt, Chas. Livingston, bishop R. Morris & Pres. J. E. Taylor, She looked very much like Sopha as she lay in her coffin, Mary Jensen died today.

No comments:

Post a Comment